Fat Handsome Brown's Big Ass Cookout
Celebrating 10 Years with BBQ in the Beer Garden
Having us a lil get-together on 9/9 to celebrate our tenth year farming! Be advised: this is an informal southern cookout at my homeboy's brewery in Montross; not so much a fancypants plated farm dinner. All you can eat or until we run TF out of food and drank, whichever comes first.
- Tacky cookout music
- Meeting the demented people of Sylvanaqua Farms
- All you can eat pastured meats BBQ, specials from Chef Nino,and southern sides, including that elusive family mac & cheese from Instagram
- Annie's famous pies (2 slices per ticket)
- Ask Chris anything; talk cooperative ag, cooking, farming, cigars, bourbon, interior decorating, homesteading, or whatevz you want
- Chickensh*t bingo and/or Spades/Tonk tournament and/or Snake Dance
- Golden hour farm tour (logistics permitting)
- When: Saturday, September 9, 2023 from 3PM till....?
- Where: Montross Brewery, 15381 Kings Hwy, Montross, VA 22520
- Where to stay (if you're coming from farther away than Richmond or Washington, D.C., you may want to arrange Saturday night accomodations): Riverview Inn, Inn at Montross, Loft @ Montross Brewery, Stratford Hall, Hawthorn Cottage (also lots of AirBnb options in Montross VA and Colonial Beach VA)
- Things to do: Eat/Drink (Icehouse Brewery, Montross Brewery, Relish Restaurant, Ingleside Vineyards, Colonial Beach Brewing Co, Thai Orchid); Antiquing (surprisingly good antique shops on VA-3 between Colonial Beach and Tappahannock); Hiking/Nature (Caledon State Park, Westmoreland State Park, Stratford Hall Historic Preserve); Coffee/Breakfast (The Art of Coffee)